SCHAWBEL GROUP, LLC
Consulting for Consumer Products
A cutting-edge resource provider that can accelerate time to market for your consumer products.
Contact Schawbel Group today and find out how our global network can benefit your business.
Schawbel’s consultants come from a network of accomplished C-Level executives with a wide range of experience in consumer product and service categories, including:
- Personal Care
- Health Care
- And more
Schawbel also collaborates with over 15 Asian and European-based factories with English-speaking engineers. We can “plug and play” resources as the project scope evolves to reduce time to market.
WHAT WE DO
Through an organization of over 100 seasoned team members around the world, Schawbel provides expert product design and development, and take-to-market strategies. We research and evaluate global market opportunities, then develop and execute tactical business plans.
Building scalable and sustainable businesses through accelerated proven methods, we execute the plan as a seamless extension of the client’s capabilities. How? By providing critical resources in:
- Manufacturing and quality control
- Sales & Marketing (and support)
- Supply chain management
- General business oversight
Schawbel Group works with you to expand and grow your business. Our network of experienced consulting professionals has proven success in tapping into the global consumer product marketplace. We provide the right people, at the right place and time, to evaluate opportunities and achieve results for our clients.
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
Schawbel’s team of experts (with 25+ years of hands-on experience across all aspects of consumer products) provides all-inclusive support to clients. We identify business problems, brainstorm comprehensive solutions, and deliver focused results to meet the client’s specific needs. Team competency includes:
- Vast industry and business experience in companies of all sizes, stages of growth, and types of ownership – public, private, or family-owned and operated
- Ability to take difficult, complex sets of business issues and rapidly define viable and implementable alternatives
- Provide global experience with a local presence
- Strong business ethics
The majority of consultants are active in the marketplace as board members, investors, professors, lecturers, and members of professional organizations.
Schawbel offers the value and excellence of a top consulting firm at affordable, milestone-driven fees.
Contact Schawbel Group today and learn how our global network can grow your business!
HOW WE SUPPORT WHAT WE DO
Schawbel Group has access to highly experienced consultants and a network of recently retired CEOs, COOs, CFOs, Engineering VPs, and Marketing/Sales VPs in a wide range of product and service categories, including personal care, health care, housewares, hardware, etc. Schawbel collaborates with over 15 Asian and European-based factories with on-the-ground English-speaking engineers. The company has the ability to “plug and play” resources as an engagement evolves to reduce time to market.
Schawbel’s process can simultaneously deploy resources in various consumer-related disciplines. Using its globally based pool of consultants, the company has been able to complete product market research, engineering reviews of products, and tactical sales and marketing interactively. This ability to reduce the timelines on the introduction and implementation of consumer products and services allows the client to achieve results at the accelerated pace required in today’s marketplace and at a much lower investment. Schawbel uses proven real-world concepts, allowing adaptation to each client’s situation. The firm builds from the bottom up for each client based on their needs, timing, and available funding. As a result, clients benefit from the vast experience the company has accumulated in the complex consumer world in a customizable fashion.
Schawbel also utilizes a modular approach to their work structure, which allows a client to see actionable results in a limited period. Each module or phase is standalone, allowing for the client’s input and feedback before proceeding to the next phase.
Personalized project management techniques allow for various touch points during a phase of a project so that adjustments made are “real-time” based on the work product results.
Schawbel’s client base ranges from start-up organizations to multi-national companies with global businesses. In many instances, these multi-national operations look to Schawbel to execute new growth plans while keeping existing management focused on core business activities. Schawbel also works with nonprofit organizations to create sustainable revenue sources by offering pro bono and fee-based consulting services.
- Over 85% of Schawbel’s client engagements are from referrals with over 50% of initial engagements leading to additional project work.
- Engagements longer than 90 days are modularized with associated fixed fees for a consultant’s time along with key milestones.
- Fees for project work have ranged from $12,000 to $3,000,000 – wide range reflects size, duration, and complexity of the work required.
- Payment of fees has ranged from standard payments, to a combination of fees plus commissions and/or success bonuses, to equity in a given company for the value of work completed.
Several clients have created a “virtual company” in that Schawbel staffed all functions of the client’s division/company, allowing for rapid deployment of resources with no fixed expenses, a true “try before you hire” investment model.
SAMPLING OF COMPLETED CLIENT ENGAGEMENTS
- Structured and managed company divisions to test market new products/services.
- Developed software application and market launch of a personalized nutritional wellness consumer product. Met timeline and budget goals.
- Conducted process and cost restructuring of procurement and warehousing for the largest outdoor distributor in North America, exceeding targeted savings.
- Achieved manufacturing cost-downs of products by leveraging offshore outsourcing – savings ranged from 15 to 30%.
- Conducted due diligence on a United Kingdom public company, resulting in a $3 million savings to the client.
- Conducted market research in the U.S., China, Japan, the U.K., and India for a variety of consumer products and professional services; managed the launch of products in China and India.
- Augmented management of client organizations in the role of CFO, COO, Product Development, and Divisional President for assignments ranging from 90 days to one year.
- Extended product lines to increase the corporation’s market value within 12 months by 20%.
- Functioned in a lead role in the business preparations for the sale of a private company, including broker selection, a multi-year business plan, acquisition prospects review and vetting, and facilitating meetings with potential buyers. Sale of business to VCs negotiated at 8 times earnings.
- Created a U.S. subsidiary for the world’s largest lighter company, managing all aspects of the business from development, branding and packaging, manufacturing, sales & marketing, warehousing & logistics, to customer accounting and treasury. Achieved product placement in Rite-Aid and Bed, Bath, and Beyond within 2 years from conception.
- Launched a line of heated products, managing R&D, manufacturing, and operations. Secured 61 patents with distribution in seven countries and scaled revenue to $10 million.
Schawbel’s unique, modular approach to our work structure achieves actionable results in a compact timeframe. Each module or phase is standalone, allowing for client input and feedback before proceeding to the next phase.
Your project is important. With our personalized project management techniques, adjustments can be made in real-time – based on the work product results – at various touch points during each phase.
Bringing innovative technology into the global footwear market
Schawbel has partnered with Muirhead Innovation Group to market its swivel midsole technology, a “game-changer” in safety and wellness in the footwear industry! This patented design can be incorporated into a wide variety of footwear across a broad spectrum of applications – industrial, athletic, and general consumer. Helps protect with every step!